This website has been conceived to furnish information on the happenings, events, life, way at Magarpatta City by the various committees – Cultural, Sports,Training, Health – Social, Upkeep, Update and is ‘by the Citizens, of the Citizens & for the Citizens here.
The vision of Magarpatta City is to create a new way of life for the networked society of the new millennium. This website is a sincere attempt for networking the community here.
As residents of Magarpatta City – you are all aware that it is probably the 1st Township in the country, which is functional and now nearing completion. While developing this concept of inclusive growth there was a vision to create a vibrant homogeneous society of residents largely cosmopolitans in nature. In continuation along with the residents a concept of a City Council was floated a couple of years ago. The formation of the council was a unique concept again probably for the 1st time in the country wherein the primary objective was to involve all the residents in social, cultural and sports activities based on experience. We on introspection have realized that it is very essential for this concept to continue for the future with certain amendments. And what evolved was a unique opportunity to take this concept together to a more matured and functional level for the betterment of both the residents as well as the administration.
- For every 75 units there will be one representative in the council.
- 33% of the representatives will be reserved for ladies.
- Only original residents will be eligible to be member of the council.
- The Council will work as a Two tier organization.
- The elected/selected representatives.
- The company, which is in charge of administration and maintenance.
The Role of the Council – to be responsible for the following activities:
- Cultural functions
- Sports activities
- Training activities for children and youth
- Health and medical camps for citizens
- Social awareness campaigns
- Advisors of the administration for the upkeep and maintenance of Magarpatta City.
The elected/selected members will from various committees to undertake the activities of the council. The administration will be part of the committees and supervise overall financial obligations and smooth function of the activities. It will also be responsible to provide for the necessary infrastructure required. The proposed tenure of the Council would be for a period of 3 years & a comprehensive constitution is to be drafted which will be the guiding principal for the function of the council in the future. Representatives from the administration will be over and above the members of the City council.