Field Trip to Ujjani Dam, Bhigwan-10 Jan 2016
Field Trip to Ujjani Dam, Bhigwan
10 Jan 2016
An excursion to Ujjani Dam, Bhigwan (Kumbargaon) is being organized by the Magarpatta City Environment Club on 10 Jan 2016. Flamingos and other Winter Visitors like Painted Storks, Geese, Ducks, Gulls, Terns etc visit the Backwaters of the Ujjani Dam in large numbers during the Winters. In addition there is an opportunity to spot Resident species like Cormorants, Grebes, Egrets, Snipes and other birds of the Wetland Habitat.
Bhigwan is approx 100 Km from Pune and the travelling time by bus, with one short break is 3 hrs. In order to get adequate time for ‘Birding’ we shall be departing from Magarpatta City at 7 AM sharp. To observe the Flamingos and some other Winter Visitors at close quarters, we have to hire Boats with a capacity of 8 -10 persons costing approx Rs 100/- per head, if bulk booking is done in advance.
Since we will be hiring buses, Registration is being done on a First come First Served basis. Registration will be confirmed only on receipt of a Non Refundable Advance of Rs 450/- by the undersigned. This amount will be adjusted against the cost of Bus Ticket and other sundry expenses like Toll Charges & Meals for the Drivers. Confirmation of receipt of Advance will be given by SMS.
Booking will open at 10 AM on 29 Dec 15 and close at 6 PM on 07 Jan 16. Buses will be hired based on response.
Since we shall be having a short Breakfast Break at a suitable roadside Dhaba en route and a similar break for a delayed Lunch, participants are advised to carry Biscuits, heavy Snacks, adequate Drinking Water (at least 1.5 ltrs per head) and Soft Drinks. Cost of meals will be borne by individuals.
The following items are also required for the trip:-
- Trekking shoes/ Floaters
- Sweater / warm clothing
- Binocular (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- Field Guide Books (optional)
Please note the following:-
- Start Time – 7 AM sharp ( Participants to report by 6.45 AM for Briefing & Headcount)
- Start Point – Ozone Circle near Main Gate
- Booking Open from 10 AM on 29 Dec 15 to 6 PM on 07 Jan 16
- Confirmed Reservation on First cum First Served basis after receipt of Non Refundable Advance of Rs 450/-
- Birding Session from 10 AM to 2.30 PM (including Boat trip). If time permits, we will take a short break to study a Shrub land Habitat en route.
- Short Breakfast Break & Lunch Break at a suitable Dhaba en route
- End Time – 7 PM
Maj Gen N M Rasquinha VSM (Retd) at 8412011583 / email@example.com
(Row House A-1 ‘ERICA’)